Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day!

I am a little behind on my posts but better late than never RIGHT! I can't believe it. It has been over a week since my baby has started school and I am still having a little bit of a hard time. I go through my day watching the clock because I am anticipating him coming home. I WANT HIM TO COME HOME!! On the other hand I don't want him to come home to early. Well his first week was a little rough. The second day I got a call from the teacher asking if he has gone to beginner classes or pre-school. Unfortunately we where not able to send him to any because of our remote location. Her reply was "that explains a lot". Then on Thursday I received another call they told me that he got in a "fight" but he was doing great now and they would call me later on to update me on how is day was going. Well the power went out so the school was let out early. That was a relief I am sure if he had stayed something probably would have happened. I have to tell you the story behind the "fight". I talked with the mom of the other child (we are friends) and she said that from what her son told her my son fell on her son and he kicked him off. So much for fighting! Then Friday he was suspended for not following directions. He was on the play ground before school and when he was supposed to line up he didn't .... blah blah blah. I thought it was ridiculous! It's not over yet. Then this Tuesday he was suspended again because he bent a little boys hand back. That one I was in full support of bringing him home. When I talked to him about it to see if he did it because the little boy did something to him, he said "no I just did it". Little stinker! Overall I think he is doing okay it will take time and adjusting and lots of patience on my part as well at the teacher and principal. Oh heaven help us.

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

He will settle in soon!!!All the kids that started at our preschool for the first time went through something like this, he is just looking for his boundries!!!! Hope next week goes great!!! Love You!!!