Monday, July 2, 2007

Holy Smokes!!

It was a little crazy around our neighborhood last Thursday. Around 3:00pm the power went out. I didn't think much of it because the power goes out quit frequently where we are. About 10 maybe 15 min pass and it started to get a little dark outside, still I don't think anything of it. The next time I looked out the window it was really orange outside so I decided to go out and enjoy the warmth a little and to see if there where any storm clouds. Well... negative on the clouds but gee golly it was warm and it smelt like a camp fire. I went back inside and a little later went out the front door and there it was a HUGE cloud of smoke coming up not that far (maybe a mile) from our house. Luckily for everyone here the wind was blowing away from town but the fire burnt a lot of acres. Well when Jesse got home he told me that a guy was driving a conex handler and he ran into a power pole. The power pole tipped over and landed on some power lines and that is how the fire started. These pictures where taken in our back yard. The sun was really red the picture does it no justice. The next morning I thought someone burnt bacon. That is how well my memory works.

No comments: