Monday, July 2, 2007

Hearst Castle

Here are some picture of William Randolph Hearst's Castle. It is a very interesting place. Google his name and learn more. We enjoy going on the tours they are allot of fun, more so for adult than kids. I hope you enjoy the pics.
These pictures are of ONE of his pools. When or if you go on a tour remember DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!! When we went on a tour a woman leaned against one of the marble pillars and she was immediately told that that was a no no. Mr. Hearst had this pool re-sized three different times. It just wasn't big enough.
These pictures are of his other pool. The tour guide said, "If it looks like gold, it is".
The first picture is of real ancient statues from Egypt. They are really old I don't remember the date exactly. The other is of a sarcophagus. Don't ask me why but he has eight sarcophagus around his property.
The first picture is of a portion of his living room. I had to put it in, I mean look at that upholstery! Cherubs! What was he thinking! YUCK. The second is his theater. We were not allowed to sit in the theater seats so they had really comfortable benches for us, yeah right. Sorry they are a little blurry.
The first pic is of his front door. Personally I don't think it has ever been opened since it was hung. The other one is self explanatory.
Here is me carrying Benjamin, Hilary, John and Isaiah taking the Garden Tour. We also went with my family when Benjamin was 4 days old. It was allot of fun to see all the beautiful flowers and landscaping. Well after seeing this place I am a firm believer that just because you are rich does not mean that you have good taste.

No comments: