
Okay we are looking for a house and we are not having much luck. I have tried to look for things that would not stretch our finances to the capacity that we can not handle. Well even with it being a buyers market it has been rather difficult. I have found nothing other than run down mobile homes and more run down mobile homes. That is only half the problem. I find a run down mobile home that I think I could live with and fix up or in a couple years tear it out and build, so I show Jesse and he finds something wrong with it and it then becomes a big fat NO in his book. I think this is worse than dealing with and extremely finiky eater I might even have to say potty training. gasp I know, I know I am trying so hard to find something and everything is shot down. Do you know what he asked me last night? Of course you don't so I will tell you. "Have you found any house's that you like?" What!! I have found things that I like (which are way out of our price range) and I have found things that I see loads of potentle, but like I said "he finds something wrong with it and it then becomes a big fat NO" What is to be done. I think it is a loosing battle. At least we have Shantell (our sister-in-law who is a real estate agent) helping us. Don't fret I feel that eventually we will find something and we will be just fine. So that is all for my real estate vent. Let me know how any of your house hunting ventures went.
2 comments:
Megan, I like the new background!! It's purdy. Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice wallpaper!!!
When Damien and I were looking for a house we decided it was worth it to pay a little extra for a house we did not have to put $40,000 of repairs into right away. Keep looking, something will come up, but I agree with Jesse (sorry) in that you do not want to buy a house that there are obvious problems with that will cost a lot to fix. Some things you can deal with (wrong color of paint, carpet, ugly wallpaper, etc.), but when you look into roofs, furnances, water heaters, plumbing, flooring, etc, needing to be fixed that costs a lot. Also, if a house has been on the market for a long time you can usually shave $10-30,000 off the price they are asking right away, so look for nice houses that have been on the market for awhile, especially if the seller has already moved out and is eager to sell because they have two mortgages. Good luck!
Post a Comment